Empty Cylinder Information
When your C02 Cylinder runs out of gas, you need to Exchange it for one that has already been refilled. Visit one of your Local Retailers where SodaStream is sold and you can simply take your Empty C02 Cylinder to the Retailer and” Exchange it”, purchasing a C02 Cylinder that has already been refilled.
Visit a local retailer!
Bring your Empty C02 Cylinder to any participating Retailer that stocks Exchange Cylinders. Most of our Retailers carry Exchange Cylinders. It may be a good idea to call your local Retailer to ensure that they have Exchange Cylinders in stock. Retail locations carry the 60L Exchange Cylinders only.
Note: Best Buy and Future Shop – Do Not Participate in the Cylinder Exchange Program
Exchange Cylinders with SodaStream Canada
You can Exchange Cylinders with SodaStream Canada but we suggest you try to Exchange Cylinders with a Local Retailer in order to save on shipping.
Here are the steps to Exchange Cylinders with SodaStream Canada:
1. Visit our online store
2. Select the quantity of Exchange Cylinders you have
- If you only have One Empty Cylinder, you can only order One Exchange Cylinder.
- If you have Two Empty Cylinders, you can order Two Exchange Cylinders.
3. Purchase the exchange cylinder.
4. We will provide you with a Purolator Shipping waybill as well as return instructions to send your empty CO2 cylinder back to SodaStream Canada
5. Your Empty Cylinder must be shipped back within 30 days of purchase of an Exchange Cylinder.
Top two questions about SodaStream C02 Cylinders:
What's the difference between Exchanges and Spares?
- Exchange Cylinders: Exchange your Empty C02 Cylinder for one that has already been refilled.
- Spare Cylinders: Purchase an extra Cylinder to have on hand. Includes User License Certificate. When your Spare Cylinder is Empty, it can then go into the Exchange Program.
Can I Exchange my Cylinder locally?
Yes! To Exchange your Cylinder at one of our Retailers, bring your Empty Cylinder to a local Retailer that stocks Exchange Cylinders. The Retailer will sell you a Cylinder that has already been Refilled, when you give them your Empty Cylinder. Note: Retail Locations carry the 60L Exchange Cylinders only.
Transportation Canada Advisory - Please note that CO2 cylinders require Transport Canada approval, CO2 cylinders PURCHASED FROM THE US may be confiscated at the US/Canada Border ALL CANADIAN CUSTOMERS must ensure they purchased their CO2 cylinders from an authorized Canadian Dealer. All US Cylinders must be sent to SodaStream Canada for exchange. Dealers will no longer accept US Cylinders for exchange. Notice - SodaStream Cylinders should only be maintained and refilled by Soda-Club and its authorized distributor. Unauthorized refilling of SodaStream cylinders by third parties could be risky, illegal and may violate Soda-Club rights. Soda-Club only warrants the safety of SodaStream Cylinders refilled by it, bearing a SodaStream safety valve seal.